Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Chaimaille with Pearls: Lauren Andersen

I love combining pearls with the ancient art of chainmaille. I set the pearls inside KatiedidsTM 19.5mm Stick pieces. Aren't they fabulous?

I took a headpin, threaded it through one end of the Stick, added three Swarvoski® rose colored pearls to the headpin, then threaded the headpin through the other end of the Stick. I coiled the headpin to make it look like a link in a chain so that it would seamlessly fit with the chainmaille weaves.

On the earrings, I used the Byzantine weave found in my "Basics Of Chain Maille" book, and for the choker I used the Half Persian 3-in-1 weave from my "Advanced Chain Maille" book. Also on the choker I added six Swarvoski® pearls to head pins and made a simple loop on each then added these pearls to the first link in the chainmaille. Have fun!

-Lauren Andersen
Beadalon Design Team Member
http://www.thechainmaillelady.com/

As posted on the Beadalon Blog

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"The ChainMaille Lady" has been included in the eighth edition of this years Thinking of Christmas Gifts in July. I hope this helps to attract many more new customers.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2011/07/thnking-of-christmas-gifts-in-july.html

P.S.: Just in case you are not already aware of it, the first time I went to leave this comment, I was redirected to a WebRing page as soon as I went to scroll down your home page.

Sarah Miller said...

Nice Pearl Chaimaille, I love ladies jewelry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...