Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

What's Been Happening

I have been busy making bracelets and necklaces for a bride. Her wedding is September 28th. I have to tumble the bracelets and necklaces for several hours to make them gorgeously shinny. Then they will be ready to deliver to the bride. I will package the items in gift boxes with gift bags so that all the bride has to do is write the names of who they belong to.

We still have a booth at the Covina Crafters Fair & Farmer's Market every Friday night. We are doing quite well. I have sold several chainmaille pieces and educated hundreds of people on the art of chainmaille. It is interesting how many people do not know what chainmaille is. It is my goal that everyone own at least one piece of gorgeous chainmaille.

I have started to create chainmaille jewelry for men. According to my husband, men don't go for the "shiny" sterling silver so I have oxidized two of my "chunky" bracelets. I dipped them in liver of sulfur and then tumbled them for several hours. They are now a handsome shade of chocolate brown. I will be posting pics on my flickr (http://www.thechainmaillelady.flickr.com) soon. And also list them at my Etsy website: http://www.thechainmaillelady.etsy.com. I have gotten positive feedback from the men I have shown them to.

I have also been creating chainmaille dream catchers both large and small. I hope to have them posted soon also.

Well that's all for now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...