Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Quote of The Day

The refusal to rest content, the willingness to risk excess on behalf of one's obsessions, is what distinguishes artists from entertainers, and what makes some artists adventurers on behalf of us all. ~ John Updike

When I read this I thought of all of us handcrafting artists. I know that I love creating new designs and not just repeating old ones. Let's see, "risk excess", would that mean draining the family bank account in order to support my chainmaille weaving? If yes, than I can truly call myself an artist!

2 comments:

Deanna Lack said...

LOL.... always another idea that MUST be made tomorrow. I relate.

BeadedTail said...

Yes, that quote is certainly appropriate for handcrafting artists!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...